Company portrait – Introducing Emons
Domiciled in Cologne, Emons Spedition is an established transport and logistics company with global operations and a claim to quality and environment standards. All the details concerning this medium-sized family-run company and its objectives are to be found here.
Ever since 1928, the name Emons has stood for continuity, a high degree of dependability, flexible services and one of the few private logistics networks in Germany.
Our service portfolio
- Networks Germany, Europe, Eastern Europe
- Scheduled groupage traffic
- Part and full load
- Air & Sea
- Road feeder service und container trucking
- Rail cargo
- Combined transport and piggy-back transport
- RoRo traffic to Russia
- Customs clearance
- Logistics, warehousing, cross docking
- CEP services (courier, express, parcels)
- IT-Tools for dispatch handling and billing
- Tracking & Tracing via Internet
One-stop shop: All forwarding services in one place
In Europe, we have companies in Italy and Switzerland. Efficient partners are integrated into the European network. Most of the European destinations are serviced daily or several times a week. In Eastern and Central Europe, we have the same departure density, with branch establishments in Minsk/Belarus, Kiev/Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Moscow and Smolensk/Russia, Vilnius/Lithuania, ?widnica and Zgorzelec/Poland and Cluj-Napoca/Romania, Pilsen, Sokolov and Ústí nad Labem/Czech Republic.
Our branches are linked to the customs authorities via Atlas online and NCTS. The overseas activities of the Emons Group are controlled centrally by our Hamburg-based subsidiary Emons Air & Sea. As sole German agent of the Famous Pacific Shipping Group, we are not only represented on all continents, but also offer complete door-to-door services. Likewise headquartered in Hamburg is Emons Multitrans which handles container trucking and RoRo traffic to Russia nationwide.
Our warehouse logistics offers outsourcing or in-house solutions with services like:
- Making out production orders
- Order picking
- Price labelling
- Merchandise manipulation of any type
For these services, we have more than 93.000 sq.m. of roofed storage space.
The successful evolution of the Emons Group is underpinned by aspirations to high performance among our motivated, trained staff, who strongly identify with the Company and personally care for our customers. Our own equipment (vehicle fleet and real property) contributes to dependability and stability. Our quality-management system, organized under our own responsibility (in line with TQM), is geared toward the needs and requirements of our customers. This ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction. Our quality is also enhanced by our competence in IT and e-business. It is the use of modern information and communication technologies in particular that forms the sound basis for the control and constant optimation of our operations and processes and for satisfying our customers’ growing information needs. Examples of our innovative power include the Tracking & Tracing tool developed in-house and the online capturing program ESIS-K.
As a medium-sized and group-independent family-run business, we have a solid capital and investment base, a future-proof equity-capital ratio as well as a financial and bank rating that stands out from the sectoral average.
Continually improving quality is a central corporate goal of Emons Spedition that is systematically translated into practice.
Other aims are:
- Securing our future by acting economically bearing qualitative and ecological demands in mind
- Cost-aware work at all levels
- Minimizing fixed costs by division of labour
- Employee motivation through open information and involvement in the decision-taking processes
- Quality enhancement through staff training and further education
- Avoiding dependence on organizations, customers and sectors
- Consolidating customer trust through continuity and reliability of corporate policy
- Emons takes over Biehle Spedition in Herbertshofen near Au ...
- Emons acquires shares in Team Freight and ProLok
- Emons establishes transport and logistics company in Georgia
- Klaus Kievernagel – 60 years at Emons
- Best Azubi 2015: Emons again among top 10
- Emons heard loud FOCUS study again one of the top employer ...
- Stake in Cargo International GmbH
- Corporate social responsibility of Emons Spedition
- Emons – in brief: September 2012
- Congo: Construction work has started on further Emons school