Emons, the ocean freight experts: Import-export around the world
Emons Air & Sea, together with their locations in Germany and their subsidiaries Global Fairways LLC in the USA and Al Ras Freight LLC in Dubai and the joint venture in China, Emons Greater China Ltd. (Hong Kong), specializes in the global flow of goods. Whether container shipment, bulk goods, or multimodal transport solutions, Emons offers custom-tailored ocean freight services that are both reliable and efficient.
International ocean freight connections
- globally networked freight forwarding
- extensive range of services
- transporting goods to and from the important international cargo ports
- ideally connected thanks to multimodal transport solutions
Emons Air & Sea offers shipping by ocean freight containers and airfreight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions – all from one source. In order to provide this level of performance to you at all times, we work around the world with selected shipping companies and reliable partners.
Your advantage: You have a knowledgeable point of contact for ocean freight with Emons, Global Fairways, or Al Ras Freight. Our teams take care of your international goods transportation, from pickup and documentation to customs clearance and delivery. In short: “Transport services from start to finish.”
Emons’ Import and Export Routes, an excerpt:
- China – Germany/Europe – China
- Taiwan – Germany/Europe – Taiwann
- Canada – Germany/Europe – Canada
- USA – Germany/Europe – USA
- South America – Germany/Europe – South America
- Africa – Germany/Europe – Africa
- Australia – Germany/Europe – Australia
- India – Germany/Europe – India
- Pakistan, Singapore, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and many more
In the role of international ocean freight forwarder, we can offer our customers the fastest ocean freight connections to all of the well-known international ports around the world. Emons is on site for you, and offers its own facilities in the important port cities of Bremen, Chicago, Detroit, Dubai, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, and New York. Emons also ships weekly consolidated containers for exports to Asia and the USA. Furthermore, Emons stands for competitive terms, reliability and timeliness. Our comprehensive “Air & Sea” network is represented in more than 100 countries. Working with Global Fairways in the USA gives you the added advantage of combining their customs agency services with the normal freight forwarding. Send us your requirements and we will determine the ocean freight costs for your import or export.
Ocean freight services from Emons Air & Sea
- global import and export by ocean freight container/airfreight
- cross trades, e.g., from Asia to the USA
- FCL (full container load)
- LCL (less than container load)
- door-to-door service: from the sender’s location to the recipient
- separate consolidated container
- break bulk shipments
- project shipments/project management
- hazardous materials transport
- container stowage/loading, unloading, and securing
- import, export and fiscal customs clearance
- in-house customs agency Global Fairways in the USA
- seminars and customs advice from Emons Customs Competence Center
- goods consolidation or consolidated container
- preparation of transportation insurance
- documents prepared per letter of credit
- container transportation over the road, rail, barge
- storage and distribution, distribution and bonded warehouse
- Supply Chain Management
- weighing shipments/containers per VGM SOLAS regulation
- Certification as AEO F, approved economic operator
Multimodal concept & container ocean freight
- ocean freight optimally combined with other methods of transportation
- independent Emons Rail Cargo rail freight transport
- closely connected transport and logistics network
- weekly rail connections to and from China
As a freight forwarder and ocean freight specialist, Emons Air & Sea and Emons Rail Cargo offer all the services you need for container transport and sea container forwarding. The range of services includes transport by truck or container train to and from the ports, quick transshipment there, and transport as ocean freight. Your goods and cargo are transported by ship to large international ports all around the world.
Emons applies this principle to rail transport as well, providing a full range of rail services. Emons Rail Cargo works with its own container train connections in Dresden, Leipzig, and the northern ports in Hamburg, Bremerhaven, and Rotterdam with its own locomotives and drivers. In Dresden and Schkeuditz near Leipzig, Emons operates its own container terminal, and offers customers a full range of container services through Emons Container Services GmbH.
Multimodal transport of containers to the sea over the road or by rail is an important component of our complex transport and logistics network in Europe with an environmentally friendly approach. Important business centers – especially in Germany, Poland, Czechia – are optimally connected to the maritime ports in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Ocean freight by container, the alternative
- cost-efficient compared with airfreight
- annual damage rates less than two per thousand
- ocean freight rates on a more competitive level
As an established specialized company with ocean freight expertise, we place great value on excellent mutual trust and high customer satisfaction. We consistently support this approach with the use of modern quality management. All of your ocean freight service needs are taken care of when you work with Emons.
We are happy to coordinate your FCL and LCL transport orders to and from all maritime ports, breakbulk shipments, as well as project shipments of all types. This range of services includes global cross trades and complex door-to-door deliveries.
The costs for ocean freight by container are significantly lower when compared with the cost of airfreight. As a result, ocean freight connections represent a price-conscious and environmentally friendly alternative to other modes of transportation. This is especially appealing when your cargo does not need to reach its destination within a very short timeframe, as is often the case with airfreight transportation.
You can find the ocean freight pros at “Air & Sea”
- proven experts in ocean freight at all subsidiaries
- personal service for your order from start to finish
- seven German offices for Air & Sea
- four offices for Global Fairways (USA) plus Al Ras Freight (UAE)
- specialized in airfreight and ocean freight
Our expert teams are happy to provide any information you might need and are ready to offer practical solutions for every phase of your supply chain. We guarantee detailed advice in advance, precise ocean freight calculation, and our diverse portfolio of freight forwarding and logistics products.
With Emons Air & Sea, Global Fairways, and Al Ras Freight Forwarding, you always speak with a familiar advisor who seamlessly supports your ocean freight container shipment or project shipment.
Our online freight request form “Ocean Freight Calculation” is available 24/7 for your ocean freight inquiries. Contact us now. We look forward to your inquiry, and we will calculate your ocean freight in a timely manner, including a detailed description of the services.
- Current effects of the pandemic on supply chains
- Measures taken by Emons due to the Corona pandemic
- Logistics for protecting masks
- The largest investment program in the history of Emons tak ...
- Consistent strengthening of overland transportation to Eas ...
- Emons adopts the largest investment package in its history
- Emons is turning 90 – not too old and certainly not too ...
- Emons goes USA
- Change in executive management at Emons
- Emons now in Saterland and in Augsburg