The effects of the pandemic on the supply chains are weakening
Whether offices, services, event or donate: With the Emons News, you are up to date.
Current effects of the pandemic on supply chains
Cologne, 10-23-2020 – Update to the effect due to the Corona pandemic regarding transports/transport contracts
All Emons sites have so far been operating without restrictions. At present, there is not a single suspected case of Covid-19 at any Emons site that has been positively tested and could not be isolated in time! Nor are we aware of any cases at partners in the Emons network at present. We handle your shipments with our usual high quality. You will find the right answer to many questions in our FAQ. Of course we are still here for you! Please feel free to contact your local contact person with your questions and requirements. We will take care of your request with priority and try everything necessary to find a solution for you.
Freight transports to most risk areas are still possible. Due to controls long waiting times occur at the borders. As a precautionary measure, please plan for more transit time.
As the ordering party and sender, you are responsible for handing over to us only goods that the recipient can accept. Therefore, please clarify before dispatch whether your goods can be delivered safely. It is not possible for us to store undeliverable shipments over a longer period of time, otherwise the handling in our depots will come to a deadlock. Unfortunately, we have to return undeliverable shipments to you at your expense.
In the following we will keep you informed about the latest developments.
In order to maintain the supply, drivers are expressly exempt from most restrictions such as quarantine, tests, etc. European supply chains are increasingly recovering after restrictions are relaxed. The departure frequencies to most countries are just slightly restricted. The transit times have mostly been normalized.
The Emons network in Germany is fully functional. All branches and partners are working as usual.
As a system-relevant company, we are increasingly there for you, especially during the crisis. Please also contact us if we can do anything for you beyond the normal cooperation; no matter whether it concerns staff, storage space or transport.
Flight capacity is very limited due to the cancellation of most passenger flights and is correspondingly expensive. The restart of production in China has been exacerbating the situation.
As an alternative we offer you rail transport, not only from China, but also from Japan, Korea and Taiwan. The transit time is shorter than by sea freight and the freight costs are considerably cheaper than air freight. The capacities are also limited here, but we offer several express options by avoiding Mala Terminal(Poland) with the backlogs there. Simply contact your usual customer adviser at Emons Air & Sea.
Belgique relaxes restrictions from 11.05.2020. Shops are allowed to reopen.
From 11.05.2020 shops are allwoed to reopen. With our strong partner, deliveries in France are still guaranteed within the network. Nevertheless, please expect longer lead times.
Greece – UPDATE
From October 14, only the following seven border crossings are open for goods traffic – but these 24 hours a day.
– Ktismata – Kakavia (Albania)
– Kapshtice – Krystallopigi (Albania)
– Evzoni – Bogorodica (North Macedonia)
– Kulata – Promachona (Bulgaria) 24/7
– Ormenio (Bulgaria)
– Makaza – Nymfaia (Bulgaria)
– Kipi – Evros (Turkey).
Due to the limited truck capacities with hazardous goods equipment, please discuss ADR shipments with us in advance.
Also in Great Britain shops are allowed to reopen.
Freight traffic is exempt from the border closings from September 1, 2020.
Complete lockdown from October 21, 2020.
From 04.05.2020 the whole industry sector is allowed to work again. Due to the rising volume, Emons increases the frequency of departures – from 15.06.2020 back to daily frequency. All traffic routes in Italy are free again.
Our regular services run as usual again. However, there may be delays of up to two days. Update: Austria relaxes restrictions from 14.04.2020. Shops with less than 400 m² sales area as well as DIY and garden centres may reopen.
By reducing the departure frequency, the lead times are extended.
There are still some delays due to border controls. Solvakia plans to relax protective measures from 08.06.2020.
On 30.03.2020 all non-essential economic sectors were closed. From 13.04.2020 onwards, many industrial companies will resume operations. Work is also allowed again on construction sites. Reduced departures frequencies can still be expected.
Czech Republic – UPDATE
Lock down again. From 22.10.2020 stores and shops are closed.
The number of passenger flights from Europe to the USA are slowly inreasing, but still haven’t reached the old level. The belly capacities of the passenger aircrafts for cargo is therefore only available to a limited extent. The rest of the freight is distributed among the remaining, pure freighter connections. Due to limited capacity, transit times are extended and rates are very high. We offer you an alternative solution, sea freight general cargo by express: Germany to USA East Coast from port to port with 9 days standard transit time.
On request, we can organize the complete transport route for you, from your company to your customer in the United States. With our own organization on site you get everything from one source.
Where, how and when can we deliver? Emons actively supports the OpenLogistics platform. Each of us has information on whether companies are closed or open. The aim is to consolidate this information and make it available to everyone. Please help us together to build up a recipient database to prevent logistics chains from becoming congested.
Delivery receipts are still required. Protect yourself and our drivers by wearing hygienic gloves when acknowledging and signing on the hand scanner with your own pen without a refill.
You must also expect longer transit times to and from countries such as the Benelux countries, France, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Austria and Poland. According to information available to us, freight transport to Croatia is no longer possible due to quarantine measures.
By order of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy dated 04.03.2020, the export of items such as mouth and nose protection products, protective clothing, etc. from Germany is prohibited with immediate effect.
The effects of the corona virus on the international transport sector are serious. For information on air and sea freight, please contact your Emons Air & Sea specialists as early as possible!
The information reflects our current state of knowledge and is subject to constant change. We take no liability for the information provided.
Our plea to you: Please continue to grant our drivers access to your sanitary areas to enable the absolutely necessary hygiene measures.
Due to the Corona pandemic and the associated official and economic restrictions, the performance of transports assigned by you may be affected.
This applies in particular to transport to or from risk areas or goods from risk areas. We therefore ask you to observe the following special conditions with immediate effect, which remain part of the transport contract until further notice:
– If fixed loading times are agreed and the sender or loading points specify special protective measures during loading which affect the loading times, the loading times will be extended accordingly. A demurrage claim exists for the period of the delay. The rights according to § 417 HGB remain unaffected.
– If recipients or unloading points make the delivery of the goods dependent on additional protective measures or declarations by our company or the drivers employed, we shall comply with these measures in your interest, unless they are disproportionate. If the measures have an effect on the time and type of unloading (e.g. unloading outside a company site), this shall constitute an obstacle to delivery within the meaning of § 419 HGB (German Commercial Code) and may trigger a demurrage charge in the event of a delay.
– Delivery times shall be extended accordingly by protective measures specified by the sender, recipient or third parties.
– We are exempt from liability according to § 426 HGB (German Commercial Code) if losses, damages or exceeding of delivery times are due to protective measures ordered by the sender, recipient or third parties (especially authorities). This applies in particular to possible driving bans in risk areas and concrete dangers to our driving personnel from a corona virus infection.
Ever since the company was set up in 1928, the name Emons has stood for dependable and flexible transport and logistics services. As a medium-sized, independent, family-run company with more than 100 branches in Germany, Bulgaria, China, Denmark, Georgia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Taiwan, the UAE, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine, the USA and Belarus, Emons Spedition is an established enterprise in this sector.
- Marketing & PR -
Emons Spedition GmbH
Poll-Vingster Straße 107a
- Current effects of the pandemic on supply chains
- Measures taken by Emons due to the Corona pandemic
- Logistics for protecting masks
- The largest investment program in the history of Emons tak ...
- Consistent strengthening of overland transportation to Eas ...
- Emons adopts the largest investment package in its history
- Emons is turning 90 – not too old and certainly not too ...
- Emons goes USA
- Change in executive management at Emons
- Emons now in Saterland and in Augsburg