Effect of the Corona virus
Whether offices, services, event or donate: With the Emons News, you are up to date.
Information due to Corona pandemic
Cologne, 03-20-2020 – Additional part of the transport contract due to the Corona pandemic
Due to the Corona pandemic and the associated official and economic restrictions, the performance of transports assigned by you may be affected.
This applies in particular to transport to or from risk areas or goods from risk areas. We therefore ask you to observe the following special conditions with immediate effect, which remain part of the transport contract until further notice:
– If fixed loading times are agreed and the sender or loading points specify special protective measures during loading which affect the loading times, the loading times will be extended accordingly. A demurrage claim exists for the period of the delay. The rights according to § 417 HGB remain unaffected.
– If recipients or unloading points make the delivery of the goods dependent on additional protective measures or declarations by our company or the drivers employed, we shall comply with these measures in your interest, unless they are disproportionate. If the measures have an effect on the time and type of unloading (e.g. unloading outside a company site), this shall constitute an obstacle to delivery within the meaning of § 419 HGB (German Commercial Code) and may trigger a demurrage charge in the event of a delay.
– Delivery times shall be extended accordingly by protective measures specified by the sender, recipient or third parties.
– We are exempt from liability according to § 426 HGB (German Commercial Code) if losses, damages or exceeding of delivery times are due to protective measures ordered by the sender, recipient or third parties (especially authorities). This applies in particular to possible driving bans in risk areas and concrete dangers to our driving personnel from a corona virus infection.
All Emons sites have so far been operating without restrictions. At present, there is not a single suspected case of Covid-19 at any Emons site that has been positively tested and could not be isolated in time! Nor are we aware of any cases at partners in the Emons network at present.
Freight transports to most risk areas are still possible. Due to controls long waiting times occur at the borders. As a precautionary measure, please plan for more transit time, also for the border regions on the German side. You must also expect longer transit times to and from countries such as the Benelux countries, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Austria and Poland. According to information available to us, freight transport to Croatia and the municipality of Ariano Irpino in Italy is no longer possible due to quarantine measures.
In several countries such as Denmark, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Austria, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic) all shops that are not necessary for basic supplies have been closed. As the ordering party and sender, you are responsible for handing over to us only goods that the recipient can accept. Therefore, please clarify before dispatch whether your goods can be delivered safely. It is not possible for us to store undeliverable shipments over a longer period of time, otherwise the handling in our depots will come to a deadlock. Unfortunately, we have to return undeliverable shipments to you at your expense. The receiving depots are full!
By order of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy dated 04.03.2020, the export of items such as mouth and nose protection products, protective clothing, etc. from Germany is prohibited with immediate effect.
The effects of the corona virus on the international transport sector are serious. For information on air and sea freight, please contact your Emons Air & Sea specialists as early as possible!
The information reflects our current state of knowledge and is subject to constant change. We take no liability for the information provided.
Ever since the company was set up in 1928, the name Emons has stood for dependable and flexible transport and logistics services. As a medium-sized, independent, family-run company with more than 100 branches in Germany, Bulgaria, China, Denmark, Georgia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Taiwan, the UAE, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine, the USA and Belarus, Emons Spedition is an established enterprise in this sector.
- Marketing & PR -
Emons Spedition GmbH
Poll-Vingster Straße 107a
- Information due to Corona pandemic
- Measures taken by Emons due to the Corona pandemic
- The largest investment program in the history of Emons tak ...
- Consistent strengthening of overland transportation to Eas ...
- Emons adopts the largest investment package in its history
- Emons is turning 90 – not too old and certainly not too ...
- Emons goes USA
- Change in executive management at Emons
- Emons now in Saterland and in Augsburg
- Emons takes over Biehle Spedition in Herbertshofen near Au ...